Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow- what a week. Woke up Saturday morning in pain and rushed to the hospital. In summary, kidney stones are not fun. But on a side note, morphine is delightful :)

Unfortunately, people tend to get kidney stones over and over, and life is yet young- lovely.

But, (prepare yourselves, this is going to be sap-tastic) I'm really thankful. Of all the times to happen, Saturday was perfect. I didn't miss much, Katie was awesome and spent the whole day in the hospital with me (and was able to get a sub for work at the last minute), Josh was following a doctor in the emergency room that morning anyway, and they were just a few of the many friends/family who have cared for me and checked up on me. Plus, I could spend this week recuperating (and hanging out with family and eating waaaay too much food).

People occasionally ask what scares me about going into missions overseas, and honestly I had been a little concerned that nothing really did. I mean, sure there are "scary" things, but nothing I was legitimately afraid of. Now I've found it: the thought of getting sick, of having these again, but even worse in a foreign country, totally freaks me out. But you know? It's ok. As crummy as it is to have kidney stones (and there are much worse problems to have), God orchestrated it in His timing. And no matter what other crummy things happen, they happen right when God plans them to, even though they usually don't feel like it at the time.

Thanks, God, for the reminder. And for awesome people in the tough times. And for never leaving me. No matter what.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment