Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Advent

I know, I'm way off topic as this has no exciting updates about ministry in Tokyo, (and when I started this blog I swore to myself I wasn't going to give rambling sermonettes), but I promise there is a connection!

Yes, we are now in the first week of Advent- it's officially Christmas time! Let the Christmas music, pageants, and ridiculous amounts of cookies begin!

It's a season of expectation, looking back on the birth of Christ and forward to what He has planned next. It is a season of joy and peace, because Immanuel has come, and God is still with us. Unfortunately, I realized my mind has been far too mooshed up with thoughts of final projects, exams, planning for break, and when am I going to fit in fundraising?...basically too (unnecessarily) stressed to enjoy and rest in Him. What a heart-breaking realization!

Rest is an important part of shining the light of Christ: we must bask in His light so that we can in turn shine it out to others.

“Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long,
and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.”
~Deuteronomy 33:12

No comments:

Post a Comment