Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's a small world after all...

Aaaaaah! *that is a cry of frustration, because after typing the title, that annoying song is stuck in my head. I think my Mom is to blame.... ;)

But the point is, sometimes the world feels very small when God brings about amazing connections with incredible people. This week that amazing connection was a phone conversation with a delightful lady named Ora Reed. You know those people who just pour out sunshine? Not the fake "I'm-always-cheerful-see?" kind, but genuine love and light, and you can't help but instantly like them. Ora is one of those people.

You can read all about her on her website, but allow me to briefly introduce you: Ora is a jazz singer, 3-time cancer survivor, has traveled all over the globe, and currently spends most of her years singing in Japan. And Ora is a Christian. She shines the light of Christ, and gets to meet so many people wherever she goes. Amazing woman. And when she is in the states, she is here in Jackson, Mississippi! (Hence our connection.)

I invite you to pray with me: praising God for Christians like Ora Reed who are shining His light in Tokyo, and praying specifically for Ora this week, that God would bless her and shine through her in ways beyond our imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment