Friday, September 30, 2011

Kindergarten Wisdom

One of the perks of babysitting is it keeps me young. Not that I'm particularly old, but it's so easy to get caught up in the details and forget wisdom and faith like a child's. I had some good conversations with a sweet kindergartner this week, and 2 of them went something like this:

Me: Are you sure you feel ok? Your stomach doesn't hurt? (she had been sick recently, and kept doing this little cough/hiccup...so this was probably the 3rd time I asked)
Her: (confident and matter-of-fact) I'm not sick. The other night, I kept throwing up, but I prayed not to throw up, so I'm not sick now. I won't throw up anymore.

Later...
Her: Whatcha working on?
Me: You know how I'm going to Japan? Other Christians pray for me and give me money so I can go, so I'm making a little flyer to tell them about what I need, and how things are going.
Her: Oh. Just say 'Give me $100 (a month), and I love you'. See? Noooow can we play hide-and-seek? :D


No comments:

Post a Comment