Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Confession time

Hi, My name is Ellie, and I like weird stuff. Phew. Glad to get that off my chest ;) But seriously, I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoy exploring odd things/places, like these Asian markets I found in NC the other day. (I should probably also confess half the fun was the looks of disbelief when I entered... something about shattering peoples' expectations [in a good way] is just enjoyable. Who knows, call it a God-complex, we'll discuss that later.)

Anyway, the other half of the fun was the rice paper wrappers, curry paste, chocolate koalas I'm currently munching on, and the two beverages to the left. Thai tea drink? Beautiful. What I thought was green tea? Um...let's just say it's true what it says: it will keep all sorts of awful diseases from killing you. But only because it tastes so bad it will kill you before they get the chance. (Turns out it's actually green colored gohyah, or "bitter melon" tea. yum.)

Consider this fair warning that amongst the updates, pictures, prayer requests, stories of what God is doing... more posts of the random and bizarre will make occasional appearances. (And probably more stories of me attempting adventurous things in cross-cultural settings, and then we can all laugh at me together)

On a more serious note...prayer request of the week: for more opportunities to share about God's work in Japan, expand the team of senders (supporting me in prayer and financially), and that my eyes would remain focused on Him and open to the opportunities He brings along. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment