Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today in Tokyo


This week a short-term team of Christian musicians from Julliard are with my team in Tokyo. Below is an excerpt from their blog (Revive Our Hearts). I share this with you because it's awesome, it's the kind of conversation I could potentially have quite often, and because I would love to work with short-term teams like this one during my years in Tokyo.

"One uniquely encouraging conversation I had was with a flutist named Ayi. Through a translator Ayi wanted to know what I think about when I play. I told her that I always try to express as accurately as I can what I believe the composer tried to say through the music, but also that I play to glorify God who gave me the ability to play. She was amazed by the fact that all of us can play skillfully and passionately and yet we all believe that we received this power from God. She then wanted to know what role Christianity plays in my life. One thing led to another, and I was able to share with her the Gospel truth that in Christ God doesn’t look at us as servants, but as children. In most likelihood that was the first time that Ayi heard the Gospel."

Praise God for this team, their willingness to serve, and the gifts God has given them.
Join me in praying
that God would bless them with health, personal growth in Him, and incredible opportunities to keep shining the light of His love and grace to those they meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment