Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reflection...

Even though we're not having particularly cool weather at the moment, something about fall inspires me to look back on life. Do you ever think about every big decision, trivial choice, or even circumstance beyond your control that have worked together to place you where you are right now? Not in a "aw, man if only I had..." kind of way, but in a "woah. God is incredible," kind of way.

For example: I am currently preparing to be a missionary to Tokyo. God called me to this ministry this past summer, shortly after a 2 week trip. A trip I wouldn't have gone on if I hadn't known I have an interest in missions thanks to an internship the summer before, a connection with the missionaries (who taught one of my classes while in the states), and a life-long interest in Japan (simply because I was born there). I wouldn't have met those missionaries or gotten into that internship if I wasn't here at Belhaven. I wouldn't have even considered coming to Belhaven if I had decided to major in clarinet instead of piano. And I wouldn't have decided to major in piano if I hadn't gotten mono/asthma my junior year of high school. Phew. Did that make any sense? Because those are just a few of many factors that have brought me here.

Isn't God incredible?

I highly recommend this kind of reflection. Who would've thought I would be honestly thankful for spending a year of my life pathetically sick? I had no idea what awesome things God had planned. And I can't wait to see what's coming next...

No comments:

Post a Comment