Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Ue O Muite"

So, I found this random video, and my initial reaction was giggling at the absolutely fabulous dancing and amusing music. I tried to put it on here, but I am apparently incompetent, so... click here to watch, and enjoy :) It might just be the best 3 minutes of your day.

(by the way, apparently, this is the biggest international hit by a Japanese pop singer)

But then, as usual, I started over-thinking it. I looked at a translation of the song, and a brief summary is, "I'm all alone, and though my heart is filled with sorrow, I'm trying not to cry." And I know it's just a sappy love song, but...well, unfortunately, it has truth. I am by no means an expert, but I feel it is especially true of many in Japan: so hopeless and full of sorrow, but putting on a smile, whistling a happy tune, and trying to act like everything is perfect.

Will you join me in praying for the lonely and sorrowful, those in need of love and hope, especially those in Tokyo?

1 comment:

  1. wow, when you actually know the words--it puts a whole different light on that 'cheery' tune.

    we are praying, sister.

    ReplyDelete