Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Zaventem

I'm trying to stay awake a little bit longer before I give up and fall asleep, and the next few weeks will very likely be very busy. So, here's what's up so far! I arrived (travels included: a pigeon strutting right past me in the Newark airport, spending my 6 hour lay-over with an awesome guy named Jose who was about to study abroad in France, and having one flight delayed because United ran out of ink cartridges- haha!) safe and healthy, and am getting settled into our dorm: the OM ZavCenter in Zaventem, an adorable little city/neighborhood outside of Brussels. Oh, and of course getting to know the 15 or so people here, who are an absolutely fabulous bunch (to stay awake, we spent our first day exploring Zaventem, then took the train into Brussels for just a bit before dinner. Which was perfect in the overcast, 48-ish degree weather). Tomorrow our classes begin, I should get a better idea of what I'm doing the next 4 weeks, what church I'll be connected with...and who knows what else! Prayers for my classmates/colleagues and I are very appreciated!

the bedroom view...














sampling the beautiful architecture...




























Special thanks to my roomie Katherine, who definitely gets the photographer of the day award.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! it looks like you are in the bedroom jake and i were in! is it the second to last one on your right walking to the meeting room and bathroom??

    hooray !

    annaclaire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes I am: small world! Katherine Long and I are thoroughly enjoying the room : )

      Delete