Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thus ends summer.

I just got back from a wonderful week away: walking on the beach, making castles for the nieces to squish (*insert picture of the 3 most adorable girls in the world here. That's right, use that imagination. Okay, so I'm terrible and have no pictures. Yet.*), reading lots of good ol' fiction (fantasy/adventure, of course!), hanging out with family, and in general getting a much-needed chance to let my brain rest (or perhaps disapparate would be more accurate...)

Anyway, rest. It is good. But now it is done, and work is also good. As much as I love the work God has called me to, sometimes I have to keep reminding myself of that. When in need of a jump-start, I like to soak in this verse:

“Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished." ~1 Chronicles 28:20

Prayers for strength, courage, and perseverance until the work of raising support is finished are always very much appreciated! What He has started, He will complete. Let the working recommence!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good verse, thanks! I think I needed it too. Praying for you, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete