Monday, August 8, 2011

Sakura, Cherry Blossom




I think I've mentioned sakura, or cherry blossoms, before in a post. Aren't they lovely? I feel like I could ramble on and get far too philosophical about how they blossom magnificently, but last only a short time; how you know they're coming every year, so they are a kind of symbol of hope....but anyway, they're pretty :)

So beauty, hope, Japan, all wrapped up in one little flower. What could be better? That was my inspiration for the support-raising status graphic below. While I am not a visual person, many of you are, so I finally decided to take everyone's advice and design one. What do you think? Suggestions?

Help color the sakura! Each pink cherry blossom represents $95 in monthly pledges, or you can color a few petals for about $20/month each. ~"But how do I color a blossom/pledge?" I'm so glad you asked. Just click on the link to give online (also in the side bar----->) or check out all your giving options at this link.
~"And...am I committing to give forever?" Not at all. You can start giving now, and continue giving through the 24 months I'll be in Japan.

As you can see, I'm about 6% of the way there. Thank you all for your continued support!

P.S. While I have a long way to go in monthly support, my one-time support is over 80%! What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment