Sunday, March 20, 2016

Full!


Full. Full of information and names and faces from my first 2 weeks back in Tokyo, full of details of moving, full of cardboard boxes, full of gratefulness for how God provides (through support and prayers from the US; through freely given furniture and appliances, help moving, and conversations over meals here in Japan), full brain of practicing getting back into Japanese language mode, full of time with people I love and haven't seen in ages and newer friends I'm just getting to know...!

It is a joyful and thankful full, but one that has left my brainwaves a bit overloaded with processing ;) 
So in lieu of a longer post of coherent thoughts, here's my prayer for myself, and maybe someday the prayer of some of the thousands of people I pass by every day...
"My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who walks beside;
Who floods my weaknesses with strength
And causes fears to fly;
Whose every promise is enough
For every step I take,
Sustaining me with arms of love
And crowning me with grace."
(~Getty&Townend)

And in case this "full" post feels a bit empty to you... pictures!!
Middle-school (?) graduation party singing a cappella in the park,
surrounded by Moms in kimono video-taping
The elementary school in my neighborhood - how awesome is that?
Ginza (shopping district) on a rainy day. The streets
are relatively empty - inside the stores was packed!



Shinagawa Station on an empty Sunday morning (on weekdays, this walkway is a shoulder-to-shoulder sea of black suits)
View from my new apartment:
not too shabby! (*^_^*)




1 comment:

  1. Full... I like that! Praying for you as you transition and all that comes along with it! <3 S

    ReplyDelete