Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What do you do for fun?

"So, what do you do for fun?" is a question I've been asked quite a lot lately. I've had some trouble answering it spur the moment because... when I do get free time I often just want rest. But I am thoroughly enjoying all the things I get to do!

~One of my favorite discoveries is this studio, where the owner invited me to come practice clarinet anytime! Besides being a free practice space (where my noise isn't bothering anyone), it's also a really relaxed, welcoming, international atmosphere. (Their mission/vision is providing this atmosphere for high school students, a good place to take lessons, hang out, and jam. Pretty awesome.) I'll be visiting them often on my days off!
~Summer in Japan is omatsuri season! This one was really fun, and there's more to come. Luka and I donned yukata (hand-made by my friend's grandmother when she was in highschool/college!!) and hit the main street to check it out and try some traditional tasty treats. Awesome look into culture- including watching the traditional dance that night, accompanied by singing and lead by a lone taiko drummer.


I'm also really enjoying being part of gospel choir! Here we are after leading the music for worship at church last Sunday. Besides being fun, Gospel music is great for my Japanese study, getting to know people, a great outreach ministry...fantastic on so many levels.

And one of my favorite activities for fun: eating! : ) This particular outing was with a group of Christians who meet about once a month to eat, talk, and have a Bible study together. Just hanging out over a meal is so refreshing (and again, great for my Japanese practice)!


No comments:

Post a Comment