Thursday, December 16, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow...wait! Quit snowing!

One of the things I love about this phase of ministry (pre-Tokyo preparation and support team development/fund-raising) is sharing the excitement. I get all of these opportunities to talk to people about what's going on in Japan, why I'm going, different things I will/might do, experiences from my brief trip this past summer, ways that they (you!) can be involved...I get excited just thinking about it.

One of the awesome ways I get to share is by speaking in chapel tomorrow to about 220 students at Westover Christian Academy, where I spent 13 years of my life. I'm so excited about getting them excited, and encouraging them to shine their light, and sharing practically what that means/looks like...should be really fun. Unfortunately, this lovely snow means school is canceled today, and if it keeps up will be canceled tomorrow as well. Which means no talk :(

So I'm praying the roads clear enough for school to meet tomorrow (and for other meetings I have over the next 2 weeks), and if they don't, that I have a good attitude about it :) Should I worry about the weather? Certainly not: I am confident it is firmly in God's control.
So I might as well enjoy it... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment